- To create and enlarge a repeat pattern design.
- To lay down large, flat areas of color using split complements.
- To use the correct brush to create a clean edge painting.
The Intro to Film and Video students are now in the post-production stage of their recent project. Since the beginning of the school year, students in the intro class have learned various techniques that are essential to a well produced production. After seeing videos from upperclassman during the Fright Night Film Festival in October, the students have seen how the quality of their work will advance over the course of the program. Consistently working on the basics of production gives them the ability to advance more quickly in the field. This project tests their abilities to apply those simple and advanced techniques to a short sequenced video. After following proper camera techniques during production, the post-production process is where students piece together their clips, apply transitions and add multiple layers of audio tracks. Stay tuned for the final cuts.
The Fright Night videos have been posted to the WHSTV YouTube channel. Please head over to check them out!
Ceramic 1 students have just completed their hand-building unit for term one. To complete the pinch pot unit, students created a joined vessel monster.
- A successful joined vessel should be considered seamless. Additional pieces could be added to establish a stronger emphasis of the overall composition.
Objective of the project:
– Student monsters must have had at least one eye and a mouth for an opening. Craftsmanship is important in this lesson, as you don’t want any of the added details to break off in construction. Both positive and negative space should be emphasized.
-Lastly students were expected to glaze the monster with 3 or more glaze color choices.
- Art Elements – Form, Space and Color
- Principles of Design – Emphasis
Massachusetts State Frameworks: Visual Art
PreK–12 STANDARD 1: Methods, Materials, and Techniques
1.10 Use electronic technology for reference and for creating original work
PreK–12 STANDARD 2: Elements and Principles of Design
2.15 Create artwork that demonstrates understanding of the elements and principles of design in establishing a point of view, a sense of space, or a mood
The Annual Fright Night Halloween Festival is upon us! Join us for the WHS Art pumpkin carving display downtown at the Beebe Library on October 27 and then head down to the Galvin Auditorium for the WHS TV movies.
The PUMPKIN DISPLAY is from 6:00 – 8:00 PM! The pumpkins will be lit at around 5:00 pm but are best seen when it starts to get dark. Stop by to see the amazing carving work of the WHS Art students!
The WHS TV movies are at 4:30 and 7 pm at the Galvin MIddle School Auditorium! $5 admission!
Share this post with your friends and family! Help support WHS ART!
**Pumpkins will be available for the public to take at the end of the evening. Students have between 8:00 and 8:30 PM to claim their pumpkins. At 8:30 PM the public can take pumpkins that are not claimed by students!